COLD LASER THERAPY
The Erchonia PL5000 and the Microlight ML830® are FDA approved, noninvasive, coherent light lasers, also known as a “cold lasers.” In contrast to surgical or cosmetic lasers that produce heat and thermo-destructive laser energy, these produce no harm to cells or tissues. Cold lasers have been used in medicine for over 30 years with clinical studies demonstrating medical efficacy and safety.
Cold laser treatments are painless – there is no vibration, pulsating shock or heat. The only sensation felt is that of the laser head as it comes in contact with the skin.
The nature of the laser light has several facets: wavelength, coherency, power and frequency. The light energy penetrates into cells and reacts with receptors called chromophores. Different frequencies target different tissues and/or organs. Research studies have noted that many acute and chronic conditions may be improved or eliminated with use of the laser. Some examples are:
- Musculoskeletal Injuries and Diseases
- arthritis・joint pain・elbow and hip dysplasia・herniated and bulging discs in neck or spine, muscle pain and spasms・nerve root pain・partial cruciate ligament tear・muscle sprains・nerve damage・degenerative myelopathy・lameness・facial nerve paralysis・spondylosis
- Skin Issues and Diseases
- wound healing (post-op incisions)・hot spots・lick granulomas・reduction in size of lipomata (fatty tumors)・eczema・dermatitis・pemphigus・alopecia (hair loss)・stomatitis・neurodermatitis
- Endocrine Diseases
- Cushings・Addisons・thyroid disorders・diabetes・pancreatic insufficiency
- Internal Medicine Diseases
- liver disease・kidney disease・inflammatory bowel disease・epilepsy・megaesophagus・digestive issues・allergies・pancreatitis・ear infections・vestibular disease・urinary issues・cardiac issues・gallstones
Cold laser therapy is an excellent alternative for pets who don’t tolerate acupuncture or handling well. The number of treatments depends upon the severity of the condition and its duration. There are no known side effects from administration of cold laser therapy.